- Understanding the importance of motivation
- Using engaging activities to promote positive attitudes
- Managing mixed ability classroom
- Game-based learning
- Story-telling techniques and activities
- Task-based learning
- ICT and flipped classroom
- Building rapport and dealing with difficult behaviour
- Extrinsic and intrinsic motivation
- The importance of giving effective feedback
The highest standard in teacher training
Part of the International House affiliation
Certified Cambridge Assessment English exam centre
Quality Assurance awarded by national and international institutions
Courses tailored for Erasmus+ funding
This course has been created for teachers who want to learn more about building connections with their students in an up to date classroom that encourages participation and engaged learning.
Through practical and interactive activities, participants will learn how to promote a harmonious and positive working environment which sparks students’ curiosity. It has been proven that emotions are the driving force behind the learning process and that students thrive most when they experience positive relationships, connectedness and a sense of belonging.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to take away ideas about practical solutions to apply in their classrooms, in order to contribute to effective learning of their students.
By the end of the course the participants will be able to:
- encourage and motivate students to participate during class
- understand the importance of cooperation and support in a safe environment
- use storytelling, game-based learning and task-based activities to promote positive attitudes
- exchange experiences
- effectively apply and adapt ideas from the course to classrooms in their own professional contexts
Dates and availability
Dates for 2021
Due to lock-downs and travel restrictions caused by the covid-19 pandemic, we do not have set dates for 2021. However, we expect no restrictions in May - October period. Jantar - IH Split offers possibility of flexible dates for all our teacher training courses in the summer of 2021.
If you are interested in taking one of our teacher training courses in 2021, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org